7.13.2012

Renting Apartment Adventure

So for a while now I have been living in one of my family's single family home with a few room mates.  My boyfriend, however, has been urging me to move out with him for about a year now. ( I finally gave in ) So, the first task at hand was to look for an apartment.  I remember as a child my parents would drive around and stop at any "For Rent" signs that were posted up.  So, although we did our due diligence online, we still went for a drive.  Surprisingly, there were NO SIGNS up! So we just went to the addresses we got off craigslist, to our surprise even those didn't have signs up! (talk about a buzz kill)

Anyways, after hours of driving around we FINALLY found a "For Rent" sign, it was like it was glowing and the angels were singing while our eyes were bulging out of its sockets. We noted the phone number and called, the owner (who just happened to live in one of the complexes came out) it was an elderly Korean lady and her husband (aw how cute!) ...it also points out as to why the sign was posted up. I set my budget at $1350 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment (which is decent, since nicer ones go for about $1700-$2000) ...she told me the rent would be at $1400....  
( >_< ) OIIIYAH!!!
After looking around....I guess the extra $50 bucks is worth it since it is newly remodeled and in a good neighborhood. Point is, living in Northern California is burning a hole in my bank account, owning a car is super expensive (payments, registration, insurance, smog, gas...the list goes on), rent is a bitch, internet and cable bill is 150+...staying connected is friggin expensive! Comes to show why I have been so busy to blog lately. Eat, work, eat, school, eat, work, exercise, sleep ...REPEAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...